Can you handle Hook?
Newstalk’s High Noon presented by George Hook is looking for an experienced Producer.
This is your opportunity to work with one of Ireland’s best known broadcasters to deliver a daily opinion led talk show full of wit, insight and lots of George’s no holds barred personality.
To be a success in this role, you must know what the Newstalk audience is talking about and what makes them tick.
You will need the radio and production skills to generate reaction, interaction and headlines for this unique radio programme.
If you are a creative thinker and used to working with big personalities in a close knit team, then this is the role for you.
• Setting the agenda & daily talking points for the programme
• Creating the daily running order
• Generating ideas and stories
• Guest and contributor selection
• Developing regular features
• Developing innovative ideas for on-air and on-line
• Driving Interaction using social media, phone & text
• Working to maximise commercial and PR opportunities
• Managing the programme budget
• Participating in producer’s meetings and editorial initiatives
• Driving & increasing JNLR and digital audiences
• A clear vision for High Noon
• Excellent Radio production and radio craft skills
• Ability to generate and evaluate quality programme content
• Experience under pressure in the radio studio
• Excellent contacts
• Audio recording and editing skills
• Excellent working knowledge of libel and defamation laws
• Strong working knowledge of social media & how it helps radio
• Ability to provide team feedback & development
• Qualification in Radio / Media
• Significant Experience (3+ years) working in radio
• Will to Win
• Highly Organised
• Team Leader with strong people management skills
• Ability to perform under pressure
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a short CV together with a brief outline (no more than 500 words) of why you are the candidate to produce High Noon with George Hook.
Closing date for applications is Monday, July 17th 2017.
Shortlisting of candidates for interview is likely to apply.
Newstalk 106 – 108fm is an equal opportunities employer.