Could you be the next leader of Ireland’s most creative, dynamic and fastest growing radio programme?
Newstalk’s Drive is recruiting for the position of Programme Editor on its fast paced news and current affairs show.
We're looking for an experienced and ambitious candidate to join our team.
Ideal candidates will display strong independent thinking, ability to work under tight deadlines and determination to drive JNLR figures.
You will also need a proven track record in news and in studio production.
• Editorial management of the station’s evening drive offering – Newstalk Drive
• Devise and drive JNLR growth strategy
• Develop new programming initiatives
• Manage forward planning initiatives
• Develop innovative digital ideas that are integrated across platform with the dual aim of driving audience on air and online
• Manage relationships with presenters and producers
• Work with commercial department on identifying sponsorship and promotion opportunities and revenue generators
• Develop outside broadcast plans
• Undertake weekly air checking
• Work with Programme Director in developing and managing content across the schedule
• Identify and nurture new on-air talent
• Identify and co-ordinate training opportunities for staff
• Develop freelance panel to identify future Producers and Researchers
• Provide legal guidance to team on output and ensure all output is free of libel
• Ensure all complaints and legal issues pertaining to the programme are reported to the Programme Director and dealt with in a prompt and professional manner
• Work with imaging department to develop effective communication of overall station and programme identity on air
• Minimum of 5 years experience working in senior production media role
• Proven credentials in the production of news and current affairs
• A clear vision for Newstalk Drive
• Excellent Radio production and radio craft skills
• Ability to generate and evaluate quality programme content
• Experience under pressure in the radio studio
• Experience in developing and implementing strategy
• Experience in working with and managing a team
• Excellent contacts
• Audio recording and editing skills
• Excellent working knowledge of libel and defamation laws
• Strong working knowledge of social media & how it helps radio
• Ability to provide team feedback & development
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Highly Organised
• People management skills
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Will to Win
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a short CV together with a brief outline (no more than 500 words) of why you are the candidate that can take Newstalk Drive to the next level.
Closing date for applications is Monday, July 17th 2017.
Shortlisting of candidates for interview is likely to apply.
Newstalk 106 – 108fm is an equal opportunities employer.