Position: Sports Journalist
Salary: Agreed based on experience
Responsible to: News & Sports Editor & The Programme Director
Hours: 37.5 hours a week. These will be flexible and deemed as necessary to successfully carry out your duties to the required standards of the company
- To write, compile and present sports bulletins according to station format.
- To select, research & read both news & sports stories for broadcast & online which are suitable for our target audience
- To carry out interviews to enhance The Sports Output
- To edit audio material to the required standards for broadcast
- to be fully aware of media law and other restrictions e.g. BCI guidelines
- To ensure that these are adhered to and the station is protected from actions for Contempt of Court; Libel or any other sanction.
- To maintain and develop contacts with local sports people in each county of the South East
- To represent the station at all times with a high degree of professionalism.
- To be fully sports-aware.
- To work a variety of both news & sports shifts according to the needs of the station.
- To work enthusiastically with other members of the Beat team in improving the station’s output e.g Promotions meetings/sports awards
We’re on the lookout for a passionate multi-platform sports journalist. The ideal candidate will eat, sleep and breathe all sports, will have a good reading voice, excellent interviewing skills & a full driving licence.
Please send your cover letter, with CV & demo to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for entries is Sunday March 11th 2018